If you’re reading this, chances are you own a plaid shirt, probably several. Popular across many demographics, plaid is de rigueur for us outdoorsy types. After attending more than a dozen Outdoor Retailer shows in Salt Lake City and noting the abundance of plaid shirts on display, I started to explore this curious fashion trend, first with a photo gallery and later with a video report.
To continue the colorful adventure, this year I’ve teamed up with Outdoor Research to bring you the Outdoor Retailer Plaidstagram Bingo Challenge, a photo contest that asks attendees of the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2013 to see with fresh eyes the plaid-patterned universe that surrounds them, and to share that universe with the outside world.
If you’re going to the OR show this year, pick up bingo card and play along for a chance to win! So stoked to see all that plaid…
(Tip: During the show, a plaid-clad Semi-Rad [real name: Brendan Leonard] will be strolling the carpet of the convention center as one of the powerful corner squares on your bingo card. Look for him, most likely in proximity to the coffee bar at the Royal Robbins booth.)
How It Works
For those attending ORSM13, on Day 2 (Thursday, August 1) of the show, do the following:
- Pick up a bingo card from Outdoor Research (booth #26015), or download at thestonemind.com/plaidisrad.
- Snap an Instagram photo of the rad plaid content identified in one of the bingo squares.
- Follow @thestonemind @outdoorresearch and @semi_rad on Instagram.
- Tag the picture with #ORPlaidIsRad @thestonemind @outdoorresearch and @semi_rad.
- Once you have 5 squares in a row (vertical, horizontal, or diagonal), return to the Outdoor Research booth to claim your plaid prize! (Bring your phone; all squares must be accompanied photographic evidence!)
- Don’t forget to read the RULES below…
The first 12 people to bring evidence of a completed line on their bingo cards to the Outdoor Research booth will win a sweet plaid shirt and trucker hat from Outdoor Research a Petzl headlamp.
Where You Can See All Those Rad Plaid Photos
Click on over to thestonemind.com/plaidisrad to see a feed of the plaid photos tagged #ORPlaidIsRad. (Alternatively, you could search for the hashtag #ORPlaidIsRad in your Instagram app.)
- Contest will run for one day only, Thursday, August 1, 2013, from 9am to 6pm Mountain Time. All images must be uploaded during this timeframe.
- All images must be uploaded to Instagram and must include #plaidisrad, @outdoorresearch, @thestonemind and @semi-rad in the caption or comments section.
- To claim your prize, you must swing by the Outdoor Research booth (#26015) by 6pm on Wednesday, July 31, 2013.
- The first 12 people to complete their cards and bring photographic evidence to the booth will receive a prize.
Questions or comments? Please leave them below so others can see.